Make It Happen

3377 Views 0 Comment
quarter-life-crisis

Ever since I turned 25 (quarter-life crisis, thankyouverymuch), I’ve been contemplating about my life and I always wonder why it’s so dull. I envy other people who get to do extraordinary things to spice up their life. I guess people who are as active on Twitter as me would (at one point or another) probably feel what I am feeling now. You know, seeing random tweets about how Milan is the best place to travel, or that they had just a photo-op with Katy Perry, or that they just enrolled in some uber-cool class that most people can’t afford — sometimes makes me go green with envy. Eeehhh di kayo na ang may bonggang life.

And then I find it weird to think this way when just three posts earlier I was telling all about the simple pleasures life has to offer. I mean, I am all for appreciating simple things that surround me, but I just. can’t. help. myself. Why are their lives much more cooler than mine??

And then I realized:

• It’s all a matter of perspective. I’m sure that, to some people, they think that my life is amazing.
    And it is. My life really is amazing in its own ways. It may not be as fab as Anne Curtis’ or other 6-digit earners out there, but I have done amazing things in the past and I enjoy what I do.
  • I’ve got to stop being jealous of other people. Again, it’s a matter of perspective. Acting so damned glass-half-empty all of the time won’t get me anywhere, right?
  • But I guess the most important thing I learned recently was that I should stop procrastinating. Waiting for something amazing to happen never works. I have to make things happen. I mean, I never take the initiative. And here I am, whining about the lack of spontaneity in my life; when it’s ultimately my own fault that nothing ever happens to me.

I always give out reasons as to why I don’t do stuff. Maybe it’s because I’m too cautious to try new things. Or maybe because I also feel responsible for most things, even to those I shouldn’t be responsible for. This results to me feeling burdened by a lot of self-proclaimed duties and I end up not doing the things I really want to do (because it will clash with the responsibilities I think I have). Or maybe it’s because I’ve become so comfortable in the routine of my life that I’m afraid to shake it up because I don’t know what to expect.

I need to break out of my comfort zone for once and just get out there and make it happen. But even though this is the case, I’ll tell you honestly: I know I need to be the one to make amazing things happen for me, but at this point, I really don’t know how.

But I hope to find out.

0 Comments
  • theepicjar

Yeah!

• Kat

Hahahaha! Don't say that, we can make this happen. Maybe after hitting the beach, lol. 😀

• Addie

"I need to break out of my comfort zone for once and just get out there and make it happen."
    Sounds like a project! Get it, girl! 😀

And yer right, procrastination is really a beach. Beach! Beach! Haaargh. I'm hopeless.

• Kat

Hey Tom,

You are absolutely right. I guess it's a wanting-what-you-can't-have thing. I need to appreciate what I have and make my life more interesting using the resources that's already presented in front of me.

You always know the right things to say, I wish I'm like you. 🙂

Regards,
    Kat

• Tom Baker

Hi Kat, how are you? I think the grass usually does seem greener on the other side but every now and then someone does have an extraordinary life. Money and travel don't make you happy unless you are already happy within. A life less ordinary is sometimes the better lived life. Just my thoughts.

• Kat

I'm relieved that someone feels the same way as I do!

You're welcome and have a great weekend too! 😉

• Bluejellybeans

Hi Kat!
    Thanks for this amazing post. 99,99% of the time I feel the same. I think I'm going to print your 3 points realization and put it at my fridge door 🙂
    Have a nice weekend!

• Kat

Para may paggalang. Hahaha :))

• potsquared

talagang ginoo eh no.. ehehehehehe

• Kat

Kaya natin to! 🙂 Salamat din sayo ginoo. 🙂

• Kat

Hi Bianca,

Hahaha, you're right. I gotta read that article, maybe it'll help me see things differently on how people present themselves online.

Thanks so much!

Hugs,
    Kat

• potsquared

haayy.. sana nga matanggal na rin sa akin ang pagpapaliban sa mga importanteng bagay na huhubog sa aking pagkatao.. kaya mo yan kat… at salamat po pala sa pag bisita sa aking site..

• deirdremariea

Hi Kat!

Cosmo has a wonderful article about this last month about how people show their bests on their social networking profiles, but that we don't really see the "real deal" online. For example, people may be flying off everywhere and that's what they post, but we don't really see how hard they have to work to get that. It's not just an entirely bonggang life for them. Don't let all the "good life" posts make you feel like you're not living an interesting life because I am sure that you do! And I am also sure that the girl who topped most of my elementary school classes/sections will be able to make the life she wants happen very soon! =)

Biancs

• Kat

Yeah, time to rock the boat Jay. Lezzdudiz! 🙂

• theepicjar

It's not like I'm not guilty of the same things. I'd been wanting to get published for the longest time but I never really took it seriously. It's always "I don't have enough time" or "my stuff's not good enough." Maybe both of us should start doing something we've been afraid to do for a while.